Working closely with HSE, the aerosol manufacturing plant was assessed and a phased compliance plan was produced.
The compliance plan activities were determined by first carrying out an initial gap analysis of all activities carried out on site. The compliance process involved several key activities listed below:
- Area classification assessment.
- Production of area classification drawings.
- Inspection of all equipment in the hazardous area.
- Creation of equipment remediation plan.
- Provision of non-electrical equipment ignition hazard assessments.
- Creation of explosion protected equipment inspection policy.
- Analysis of site activities and provision of DSEAR risk assessments.
- Provision of portable electronic devices policy.
- SIL assessment of process safety instrumented system.
- Provision of DSEAR training to essential personnel.